Re: RPM's (was Re: unix 'at' command implementation)

Christopher Faylor wrote
That's precisely why people think about integrating something like rpm
or deb into the packaging system.
May be someone has found the right way: cyg-apt.
It is in an early stage, does not handle 'in-use' file substitution, but for simple update-upgrade, it works.
I'm not saying that tar.bz2 is not a good packaging format, but only point out that now there is no CLI alternative to setup.exe.
Administering a Cygwin environment from the command line is better in IMHO.
I would hate to see this thread become a wish-fest when there is
obviously no one interested in doing this work.
My skills are too low to start and finish such a project. I'm not a coder, I'm a SysAdmin...

--
Diesis