Re: bash 3.x path completion problems

  Since version 3, bash has had problems with readline causing spurious 'ghost'
characters to echo to the screen, particularly when scrolling through the history
buffer or using a prompt with non-printing chars in it.  It may affect completion too.

Is there any solution?

  The real question is whether the trailing 'qq/' is actually there in the input buffer or if it's
just an optical illusion caused by the readline bug.  What happens if you immediately
press enter?

It's an 'illusion', but it makes it very hard to navigate thru directories.

  BTW with all the latest updates (including cygwin dll from cvs, but that's probably not
relevant) I can't reproduce your example:

I don't have CVS version of the DLL, but I have updated all packages before making bug report..