Re: Cygwin: texi2dvi stumbles over texinfo.tex

I forgot to cc bug-texinfo on this, so let me do that and expand on
things a little.

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 11:43:19AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 02:09:58PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>>    the script needs to initialize IFS
>>
>>Ok, I put in the initialization.  Thanks for the report & explanation.
>>
>>    - I don't know about the NULL_DEVICE and the path_sep setting changes
>>
>>I don't either, I just do what I'm told :).  Whatever the Cygwin folks
>>say should be done in the Cygwin part of the code is fine, of course.
>>I'll attach the current system.h from Texinfo CVS.  Please let me know
>>if changes should be made.
>
>Cygwin's NULL_DEVICE is the same as linux or any other unix-like system.

As is the path separator.

i.e., the patch that Ralf Wildenhues previously sent out is correct
(which shouldn't be too surprising since it came from the texinfo
release).  There should be no accommodations made for "Windows" when
running under Cygwin.

I understand that parts of the previously posted patch (which is
incorporated in to Cygwin's release of texinfo) may be too draconian for
a native Windows version of texinfo out there but I wasn't really
interested in getting things working for native Windows.  The fact that
a COMSPEC environment variable exists doesn't have any bearing in a
Cygwin environment.  And, Cygwin wants to use /dev/null, not "NUL".

cgf