Re: error message: .infig.status: error cannot find input file

On Sun, 28 May 2006 01:25:18 -0700GMT (28-5-2006, 10:25 +0200, where I
live), Brian Dessent wrote:

> "Henk M. de Bruijn" wrote:

>> checking whether assembler supports --noexecstack option... no
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating
>> .infig.status: error: cannot find input file:

> This is just a random guess; there's not a lot of information to go on
> here.

> The fact that you see this ".in" at the beginning of the line
> (overwriting the beginning of "config.status") implies that there was a
> stray \r in a value somewhere, and that this is a line-ending issue.
> This might happen if you were using DOS-delimited files on a binary-mode
> mount.  If you used a native windows SVN client then that would probably
> be why.  Either use Cygwin's SVN or set your mount modes to properly
> reflect the line endings of the files.

I had found one message in the archives refering to this. Just before
receiving your message I changed the settings of Notepad2 which I am
using from Windows (CR LF) to Unix (LF) and that solved  the problem.

Thanks for responding!

--
Henk M. de Bruijn
The Bat! E-Mail System version 3.80.06 Pro on Windows XP SP2