RE: Problems with ssh/scp/sftp on a dual core Dell Latitude D820

On 26 May 2006 18:54, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> Chris Richardson, le Fri 26 May 2006 06:22:32 -0700, a écrit :
>>> Does anyone have a fix for this?
>>
>> Disable the second core.  Cygwin seems to not work very well with SMP
>> systems.
>

> That's a sweeping statement that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  Plenty of
> folks use Cygwin quite successfully on SMP systems.  I've used it very
> successfully on dual processor machines and hyper-threaded machines.
> There have been some reports recently of ssh problems on dual-core
> machines but that's hardly "Cygwin".  Indeed, if you look at the stack
> trace that Chris sent, his problem was outside of the Cygwin DLL.

  It was outside the ssh exe as well; the SEGV was from trying to fetch an
instruction from unmapped space.

  As to what to do about it: the error_start setting in $CYGWIN might come in
useful for tracking down what's going on here.

    cheers,
      DaveK