Re: Automated Cygwin install.

Jarl Friis wrote:
Hi.

I have the following issue and according to google it seems like I am
not the first one.

I would like to tailor a package selection with the setup.exe utility,
when that is done, I would like to make unattended installations of
these packages on many machines.

It seems like many people have questioned that before but I couldn't
find good answers (the official recomended way) of doing so. Many
answers on mailing lists refer to a dead link on unattended.sf.org

The next best solution is of course to "copy" the package
selection-set from one cygwin installation on one machine to another
machine and the just run setup.exe with that package selection-set, so
I don't have to spend 45minutes clicking around the GUI remembering
which packages I selected in or out.

Can someone enlight me of how to do this best.

Yep, that's one way.  The other is to set up a local mirror with a
setup.ini that includes all the packages you want installed in the
"Base" category.  Running 'setup.exe' and choosing that mirror will
install the new list of default packages.  See the setup home page
for details on this (sorry, no direct pointer).

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746