Re: slow share = slow scripts?

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 05/25/2006, mwoehlke wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Take a look at the -x, -E, and -X flags of 'mount'. Perhaps these
will help
you.

Hmm, those are mutually contradictory... guess I'll "experiment". Out of curiosity, what are any of these expected to do?

They are indeed mutually exclusive. See 'man mount' for an explanation of the
flags. You might want to try -x or -X.

Right, I *was* looking at the man, which is why I was confused. It doesn't say why this would help, though; does it somehow allow Cygwin to skip the fstat() call? Also, why *is* fstat() so inefficient? Can anything be done about it?

I *am* going to play with them, if I can convince Cygwin to let me *un*mount the path. :-)

--
Matthew
...Ruthlessly beating Windows with a hammer until it looks like POSIX.