Re: 1.5.19: Problem with ssh

Hi,
sorry for the implicitness of the message:
1. Yes, I redirected all output to the approp passwd and group file
2. The end of the verbose session throws me back to the bash prompt.
no error message that I can detect

On 5/24/06, Harig, Mark <maharig@idirect.net> wrote:
> [...]

It's not clear from the above -- did you redirect the
output of 'mkpasswd -l' to /etc/passwd?  That is,

$ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd

> ran mkpasswd -d -u esurjawinata (for the users I want to use to ssh)

Again, did you redirect this to /etc/passwd?

$ mkpasswd -d -u esurjawinata >> /etc/passwd

> Output from ssh -v
>
> $ ssh -v esurjawinata@lt-esurjawinata

> debug1: Next authentication method: password
>
> esurjawinata@lt-esurjawinata's password:
>
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
>
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
>
> debug1: Entering interactive session.
>
> Last login: Wed May 24 11:02:26 2006 from lt-esurjawinata
>

> Nothing works! Have I missed anything simple?

What failed?  From the above, it appears that you
were able to log on.

---