RE: ld terminated with signal 11 [seg fault]

On 23 May 2006 23:22, Michael Williamson wrote:

> The linker crashes when I try to compile the
> camera software LinuxDevKit.tar for SBIG cameras:
>
> g++ -I . -L . -Wall -o testapp testmain.cpp
> csbigcam.cpp
>               -csbingimg.cpp -lsbigudrv
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation
> fault],  core dumped
>
> Why does this happened?

  There could be a bug in ld.  Or you could be feeding it bad data.  Ot your
computer could have a hardware fault.  It might be worth trying a more recent
binutils version.  Or it might not; you didn't follow the problem-reporting
guidelines so I don't know.

    cheers,
      DaveK