RE: 1.5.19: changes have broken Qt3

On 24 May 2006 13:19, Ralf Habacker wrote:

> This breakpoint is never reached (at least in released gdb) and makes it
> hard to debug cygwin's threading stuff, probably impossible in this area.

  How many times do you have to be told?  The last released gdb is known to
not cope with this.  IT IS A KNOWN BUG.  IT HAS BEEN FIXED.

  No, nobody has yet been able to travel backward in time and fix it in
earlier versions of gdb from before the bug was fixed.  Sorry, but this is not
the fault of the cygwin project.  Please report this to the
bug-reality@${DEITY}.god mailing list!

> This means to be able to debug the cygwin dll in this area I have to
> recompile a special cygwin version with something like below mentioned.:

  No, in order to debug the cygwin dll you have to use UP TO DATE gdb.

    cheers,
      DaveK