Re: export arrays in cygwin ksh

> Two comments.
>
> One: the output above didn't come from PDKsh in Cygwin (and, most likely,
> didn't even come from the script you posted, since the export statement is
> on line 9 in your script).  FYI, there is more than one ksh implementation
> in Cygwin, and you'll need to tell us more about your Cygwin installation
> (by following the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, especially the bit on *attaching* the
> output of "cygcheck -svr").
>
> Two: PDKsh doesn't understand the "export a[*]" syntax.  It does
> understand the "export a[1]" syntax, and even adds the array elements to
> the export table, but there *is* a bug in it that doesn't actually
> propagate the exported array elements to subshells.  I'll look into it
> once I find the time.
>
> Igor Peshansky, volunteer PDKsh maintainer for Cygwin

Igor

Thanks much for responding.  My responses to your comments:

Your right on the output... I cut out the stuff I tried but did not work in the
program for clarity.

And 2 your are also right that it did not come from PDKsh.... I actually tried
to envoke PDKsh by putting #!/bin/PDKsh on line 1 of test1 and test2 but all I
got was an error msg (: bad interpreter: No such file or directory).

I have come to realize that there is more than 1 implementation of ksh.  The
syntax I used in my example is exactly what I use on my hp unix workstation and
it works fine on the hp.  I did try to export individual elements like you
suggest with no luck.

I did find in my installation in the cygwin/bin dir a file ksh.exe which is
what I assume it was running.  Guess that is not pdksh.

My own IT people do not know what version of cygwin I am using (I am not
laughing!)  I will try to find out more info on this.  I think we are using
redhat, but will dig deeper.  Thanks

Your last comment - are you saying I may not be able to export my array data to
later processes or script files ?

Thanks
Bob