Java program under cygwin?

Hello,

I am trying to run a Java program which has a GUI associated with it and whose code is on a remote linux server.

I am first establishing an ssh connection with an appended "-X" and then run the java program using the path to the Java programm's sh_start_file.

Unfortunatelly, I am getting the following error message:

java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
    at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless ...  cut ...

Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Peter
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer