1.5.19: Problem with cron and microsoft devenv

I'm currently having a problem where microsoft's devenv compiler
crashes when running under cron.  If I run my build scripts directly
from a bash shell devenv works great.

I've installed VC2005.NET and cygwin under Administrator.  I then
created a crontab entry like so:
HOME=/Home/Administrator
SHELL=/usr/bin/bash

00 * * * * $HOME/trees/trunk/scripts/master_control.sh

In master_control.sh I call a perl script that does some svn and configuration management but ultimately run the following commands: 'devenv.com myproject.sln /clean Release' 'devenv.com myproject.sln /build Release'

The first command works great.  It cleans the project and deletes all
the *.obj etc.... files.  When it runs the second command I get the
following:
Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!
Program: ...\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

At first I thought there was a permissions issue or something of that
nature except the first '/clean' command is deleting files and exits
gracefully.  As I stated before, the scripts work fine when I run them
in a bash shell.  What's different about running under cron vs.
running in a bash shell that could be different?