Re: compiling screen 4.0.2

On 5/22/06, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Hello. I took the suggestion of ripping out the fifo support in
configure. I did that, and compiled screen. I can create, and use, a
screen just fine, but when I detach and try to re-attach the screen it
fails. Is there anything I can do about this?

With the patch at <http://gecko.gc.maricopa.edu/~medgar/screen.html>, Screen seems to behave under Cygwin. Detaching and reattaching works as does multi-display mode. I have only tested it under RXVT (no-X), but the patch maintainer's comments make me believe it won't work correctly under the Windows shell.

Apply the patch and then regenerate 'configure' to fix the fifo lockup.