/usr/bin/email causes error "sh: /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory"

cygwin:

I would like to send e-mail messages from Cygwin Bash scripts.  I have
installed the "email" and "exim" packages.  When I attempt to send a test
message form the command line, it fails:

    2006-05-21 15:13:46 dpchrist@p3533 ~
    $ cat foo
    test message.
    line 2
    bye.

    2006-05-21 15:14:02 dpchrist@p3533 ~
    $ /usr/bin/email -s test dpchrist@holgerdanske.com < foo

    E-Mail Sent
    sh: /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory

It looks like I'm missing a library (/usr/lib/sendmail).  Looking for a
Cygwin package containing this file reveals nothing:

    http://cygwin.com/packages/

Looking for a sendmail binary reveals nothing:

    2006-05-21 15:21:57 dpchrist@p3533 ~
    $ which sendmail
    sendmail: Command not found.

Any suggestions?