Re: reinstall problem

snajiara@uci.edu wrote:
Hi,
recently, I reinstalled the Cygwin, because I wanted to have the new
postgresql 8.1, so I installed cygwin with the new version of postgresql.

You're either leaving out some very important fact about why you felt it was
necessary to reinstall Cygwin to get postgresql 8.1 or you don't understand
how "setup.exe" works.  Why didn't you just re-run "setup.exe" and allow it
to upgrade your existing installation?

When I start up the cygserver and initialize the postgreSQL server, I'he
got this error...
-  net start cygserver (works ok)
-  /usr/sbin/initdb -D /var/postgresql/data (gave this error)
   bash: /usr/sbin/initdb: No such file or directory

any idea what's going on.

Not really, no.  Perhaps you'd have some better luck if you read and follow
the problem reporting guidelines at the link below:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

A clear problem report may help.

Holliston, MA 01746