Re: Internet Apps (cvs, lynx, svn) spits out an error about not being able to connect to the internet

Reformatted top-post...

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Bryan D. Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:43 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Internet Apps (cvs, lynx, svn) spits out an error about not
being able to connect to the internet

BTW, is this a problem with Cygwin or is this a problem with my config?

Well, we can't diagnose your config because you haven't supplied it.

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Charli Li wrote:
My config is W2k, 256MB RAM, latest Cygwin1.dll, and many cygwin/GNU
packages installed.
Some of these packages include lynx, svn, cvs, X11, make, gcc, coreutils,
etc.

Oh, so you have *many* cygwin/GNU packages installed. Well then *that's* your problem. You can't install more than 3 without upgrading to a full Cygwin license, which is $$$. What do you expect for free?

All kidding aside, it's hard for people on this list to take helping you
seriously when you don't bother to read and follow the advice already
given.  If you don't want to provide a complete problem report, you're
not obligated to but people reading your email messages aren't going to
be encouraged to help you with your problem.  Just food for thought.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746