Re: PHP for Cygwin

Top-posting - reformatted.

Lloeki wrote:
Getting PHP to build under Cygwin is NOT trivial;
While not strictly trivial, it's not hard at all. It required me no patches or whatever. That is, if you keep your track on building static stuff (CGI/FCGI, CLI, static in apache or the likes, but not apxs/apxs2, .SO and the likes). I compiled it numerous times

Right, I was referring to getting it to compile as an apache DSO/module. Command-line/CGI-only PHP is simple.

Brian
>Nelson Pereira wrote:
> How do I go about compiling PHP as an apache DSO ?
>
> Regards,
>
> npereira

I think if you read back through this thread you'll find the answer -
work very, very hard at it and have lots of patience.  With that, you
*may* be successful.  In other words, there is no easy route here and
there are no guarantees that this will be successful.  If that scares
you, then you should consider the alternatives already stated.

Holliston, MA 01746