RE: cron issue

>Have you tried running the commands recommended by cron_diagnose.sh
>for shutting down/uninstalling/installing/restarting the cron service,
>i.e., the following?

[RD] I believe the problem was in the user accounts I have setup on my
windows box.  I have both a domain account <domain name>\rdavies, and a
machine account <machine name>\rdavies.  I'll spare you the reasons why.
While I had stopped and deleted the service cron with cygrunsrv, I had
never tried to install and start the service using the 2 steps.  When I
tried, the -u rdavies flag actually picked up the machine not domain
user.  And it wouldn't start.

I deleted the machine user (assigned to group none, and not likely to
get any use anyway) and then reconfigured with cron-configure.  Poof!  I
now have a new line every minute in the goofy log file I was testing
with.  Thanks for your help.

Important Notice:

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the addressee, you are
notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the
contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.
Thank you.