Re: The $HOME variable; rxvt and .inputrc

Lloeki wrote:
> Friendly is a girl with a nice smile holding my hand and pressing my
> keys for me while serving me rum drinks with little umbrellas in them.

Managed to work this out. Barely.

Barely!?! Got pics? ;-)

If you figure out how to configure that well then just let me know! :-)
YMMV too much for a howto. Sorry, you're on your own. Pointers are switching the task to realtime non preemptable (and others to low and preemptable), moving the window around regularly (especially revealing romantic wallpapers, photos of beaches or mountain resorts), and never ever try emulation (works well at start, but sandboxing leaks in the end, stopping the whole thing to a grinding halt). Signals handling/sending is important too. Never SIGHUP, even if she does. Handle SIGILL gracefully. Always respond to SIGINT. If she send SIGALRM too much, you might be SIGTSTPped but if handled well, you'll receive a SIGCONT. You might also be accused of sending rogue SIGSEGV signals. SIGKILL can occur to you, but you're much likely to receive a SIGTERM ("let's be friends"). If all goes well you might even SIGPIPE and eventually she could fork(), and then, pray not to have to handle SIGCHLD.
I tried that once (actually twice). Now they have off the shelf software to handle all of this. Read all about it. http://defaria.com/Jokes/TheEvolutionOfSocialSoftware.php

Personally I opted for the Divorce 2.0 solution. Well worth the money...
Screw the C-j and C-k - just give me the girl! ;-)
It doesn't work too much in the end. Noise on the line, packets get lost (hey, it's CSMA/CD), so you keys end up not being typed that often. Plus you end up receiving lots of priority interrupts and you know, it's preemptive multitasking, except for one task. And on task
completion, context backswitching doesn't work too well and you end up messing your work.

Nice cocktails though.

(Now I'll hide that window before my beloved catches me spitting stupid misogynic jokes like this.)
Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about such things anymore. I'm free to be who I naturally am...
--
Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop. - H. L. Mencken