RE: cron issue

Thanks !  That got me working...

I didn?t have exim of ssmtp installed or configured...

Regards,

npereira

Subject: RE: cron issue

Some steps you could try:

1. Run 'cygcheck -l cron' to list the files included in the
   'cron' package.  (This is a general recommendation for
   any Cygwin package.)

2. Read the file /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README to get
   some Cygwin-specific instructions about 'cron', including
   the use of 'ssmtp' as a replacement for 'sendmail'.

3. Run '/usr/bin/cron_diagnose.sh' to see whether it can
   identify any problems with your cron setup.

You had to install Sendmail to do this right?

How did you do that? Did you follow a howto article or dsomething? I
need to install sendmail also but from what I have read, sendmail
doesn't work on cygwin...

I get this:

The owner and the Administrators need
to have ..x permission to /usr/sbin/sendmail.
Here are the current permissions:
ls: /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory

Any help you can provide to help me install sendmail would be greatly
appreciated

Regards,

NPEreira

I've configured cron using cron-config running as a service with the
SERVICE account and as a service with myself.? Initially, I created a
crontab to run an rsync backup, which never initiated.? I then opted for
something simple and obvious, sending the date to a file.? I've attached
my log, crontab and the cygcheck.?

I've verified that the service is running (under XP) and that cron is
running.?

____________
Roger Davies
PeopleSoft HRMS
970.506.7750

Important Notice:

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended
only for the addressee

and may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not
the addressee, you are

notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or
photocopying of the

contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the

sender by return e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the
message and any attachments.

Thank you.