RE: rvxt-20050409-1 console problem

Shouldn't the console-hiding code be unnecessary?

Here is a simple approach that I have been using (and have written
to this list previously) which makes it possible to start rxvt
without resorting to starting a console first:

   1. Using MS Windows Explorer, locate the 'rxvt' binary in your
      Cygwin directory tree, for example, at c:\cygwin\bin.

   2. Right-click on the 'rxvt.exe' icon and select 'Create Shortcut'
      from the menu.

   3. Right-click on the 'Shortcut to rxvt.exe' icon and select
      'Properties' from the menu.

   4. In the 'Target' field, type the options that you want to
      specify for 'rxvt' during startup.  For example,

          C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -e /bin/bash --login -i

      tells rxvt to run 'bash' as the shell, and tells bash
      to run as a login shell.

   5. If desired, drag&drop the shortcut icon to your taskbar.
      Click on the icon to start 'rxvt' without using a console.

Am I missing something, or is there still another reason to
include the console-hiding code?