The $HOME variable; rxvt and .inputrc

1.  Does the admonition against setting $HOME as a Windows environmental
variable still stand, or was that an old wives' tale?

2.  I hesitate to ask for a handout, but could some let me know if it's
possible, and if so how, to assign the SHIFT+PAGEUP and SHIFT+PAGEDOWN
keystrokes to something more friendly in rxvt?  If it's not obvious, I'm
using 'set -o vi' for bash.

Thanks.

--
George