Re: Current snapshot - problem with httpd

Arun Biyani wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
"httpd" server crashes with current snapshot. Runs fine with Jan 20 cygwin1.dll. Both
cygcheck outputs are attached.

Any chance you could narrow down a little more the working and non-working
snapshots? Are you saying that httpd crashes as soon as it starts or is
there some paces you need to put it through?

In the log file (/var/log/apache/error_log) I see the message, cannot bind to socket, socket
already in use. It crashes as soon as it starts. Same config files, with the older cygwin1.dll,
there is no problem. "ps -a" did not show any httpd servers running.

I guess I was hoping that you'd be able to do a binary search to narrow
down between 2 consecutive snapshots where the failure occurred.  If you
can do this, please send what you find to the list.

Thanks,

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746