Re: PHP for Cygwin

Nelson Pereira wrote:

> I have a script (ribs) to run, although this is a php script run from
> Either a cron job or command line. So I installed cygwin and apache.
> Then I tried to find the php4 or 5 for cygwin and never found anything
> But found a lot of stuff on the net about building php from source,
> which
> Is what I am trying to do.
>
> I am able to do the ./configure and make no problem.

If you are looking for a simple step by step guide for building PHP from
source under Cygwin then stop now.  It does not exist.  Getting PHP to
build under Cygwin is NOT trivial; it is NOT a supported platform by the
PHP developers.  It requires a lot of work, a handful of patches, and is
not something you should even think to attempt if you are not
comfortable with the internals of autoconf, automake, libtool, m4,
makefiles, and build systems in general.  This is *especially* true if
you are trying to use Apache 1.x, which is even worse.

You do realize that there are PHP binaries for native win32 right?  Just
install them.  They will run perfectly fine as a CGI (but *not* as a
module) under any version of Apache.

Brian