Re: ssh to 2003 server exist immediately

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:35:24PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> This is very frustrating because my client relies on a command I wrote
> called "smake" which essentially boils down to: "rsh <server> -n cd
> <directory> && make" that is intended to perform the make on <server>.
> As you can see it relies on rsh, passwordless login to <server>
> executing a command. But with this new 2003 server rsh <server>
> <command> hangs!

Here is a long-shot guess. I had a situation where I could reliably do
an interactive ssh between two hosts. I could not do an scp though.

I use the bash shell everywhere. My problem was that my .bashrc file
caused text output to occur. I had put in a debugging message
	echo entering .bashrc at `date`

When I removed this statement from my .bashrc, I was able to use scp.