Re: Can't run baseall

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 12:35:10PM -0400, Don Edvalson wrote:
>I don't know if all this matters that much, but here is what I did.
>
>1.  Send an email to cygwin@cygwin.com.
>
>2.  After about an hour, nothing appeared on the list, so I went to
>http://gmane.org/post.php, where it explained that after I post to the
>newsgroup, I would receive an email.  I had not received that email.
>
>3.  Used a newsreader to post to news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.
>
>4.  I immediately received an email from the gmane autoauthorizer which
>I answered.
>
>5.  Once I answered the email, both of my messages popped up.
>
>The point is, I messed up, and posted it twice.  I did not intend to.

It seems like you may still be missing something here.  Your first
message was received on 2006-05-11 at 14:59 GMT and sent to the cygwin
mailing list with almost no lag.  Your second message was received at
2006-05-11 15:15.  That means that there was ~15 minute delay between the
two messages.

I don't want to belabor this point but it seemed like you think that
gmane is somehow a required mechanism for communicating to the cygwin
mailing list and that is not the case.  gmane is a completely separate
site with completely separate rules.  You don't need to know anything
about gmane to send email here.

cgf