Re: cvs pserver issue with new cygwin packages

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:41:23PM +0000, Michael Lemke wrote:

Igor Peshansky <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Nicholas Thayer wrote:

After upgrading to the latest cygwin packages (coreutils, findutils,
cygwin), the cvs pserver fails for updates and checkouts.  [snip] $ cvs
co test cannot mkdir /tmp/cvs-serv3172/.  No such file or directory

This was a bug in Cygwin 1.5.19, which returned the wrong error code for creating this directory, and CVS didn't know to ignore it. Try a snapshot.

I've been wondering when we'll see the fix for that in a non-snapshot release. I've been waiting for it since 1.5.19 came out (many months ago). Sure, I could use a snapshot but I'd rather use something not in a state of flux. How hard would it be to make a 1.5.19-5 with that fix?

Not going to happen. Help the community. Use a snapshot.

Either that or suffer silently. Those are your options.

cgf

I don't necessarily _mind_ using a snapshot, but on this particular system stability is quite important. My concern is that the 1.5.18 cygwin package does work, and if other programs break as a result of running an unstable snapshot, then the problems have simply migrated from one area to another.

Can you say with certainty that this particular problem has been fixed in the updated cygwin snapshot? Have others posted issues with cvs-cygwin integration on the 1.5.19 branch?

Regards,
Nicholas