Re: cvs pserver issue with new cygwin packages

Igor Peshansky <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Nicholas Thayer wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to the latest cygwin packages (coreutils, findutils,
> > cygwin), the cvs pserver fails for updates and checkouts.
> > [snip]
> > $ cvs co test
> > cannot mkdir /tmp/cvs-serv3172/.
> > No such file or directory
>
> This was a bug in Cygwin 1.5.19, which returned the wrong error code for
> creating this directory, and CVS didn't know to ignore it.  Try a
> snapshot.

I've been wondering when we'll see the fix for that in a non-snapshot release.
I've been waiting for it since 1.5.19 came out (many months ago).  Sure, I could
use a snapshot but I'd rather use something not in a state of flux.  How hard
would it be to make a 1.5.19-5 with that fix?  Judging from this mailing list I
am surprised that cvs server is the only application bitten by this bug.

Michael