Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

BTW: What's the easiest way to switch cygwin versions without having to reboot? I quite commonly come across changing snapshot dll's and having bash throw errors (probably relocation related or something of the sort) and immediately return. After reboot it's fine. But what's a way to quickly switch versions without reboot required? Or am I doing something wrong? (just following the FAQ, shutting down all cyg execs and services, then shuffling files around)

As long as the cygwin dll is not used, there's no reason... so it looks like it's in use somewhere. but I'd swear windows had a caching mechanism for dlls where they're not unloaded from memory at once after being unused. there's even a reg key to tweak that flush delay but it seems I can't put the finger on it anymore. Maybe that's it, the cache mechanism doesn't check against changed file on the disk and you should wait a bit before relaunching a cygwin process? That seems somehow inconsistent though.

Lloeki