Re:Test: zip-2.31 and unzip-5.52

Charles Wilson wrote:

Updated versions of these packages should hit the mirrors soon. Although they are minor releases, I'd like some testing by other-than-me, because these are basically new ports...

Some of my old patches were re-implemented upsteam. There were other new changes affecting cygwin. AND some of my old patches had to be re-applied by hand. Ugly...I *think* everything is okay, but...some confirmation would be nice. Especially encrypted/password-protected round-trip tests, on DOS-mounts.

I use zip and gzip for backup files, where a bug is unlikely to be detected before the problem is catastrophic. Thus I like to stick to old, well-tested versions, and am interested in understanding where problems might arise. I would have thought that the cygwin executable would be the same as that obtained by taking the standard source and running make. What is special about cygwin that requires patches?