RE: Unable to Run Latest Cygwin in Win2k

On 05 May 2006 04:37, Loh Kok Jeng wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for your response.  Below is the output on my PC:

> cacls cygcheck.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin>cacls cygcheck.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin>
>
> cacls strace.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin>cacls strace.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin>

  Ok, this is really strange.  You can't even seem to run an ordinary windows
program at the commandline successfully.  This is starting to look like
administrative lock-down.

> USERDNSDOMAIN=XXX.yyy.com
> USERDOMAIN=XXX

  I'm beginning to run out of ideas here, but you appear to be logged on in a
domain.  Are you an ordinary user?  Has the domain admin perhaps set policies
to prevent new and unknown executables from being run by non-privileged users?
What (if any) antivirus and firewall software do you use?

    cheers,
      DaveK