Re: pthread_mutex_init + gdb issue again

One thing about this 4-27 snap, and I noticed it with 4-03 as well (which I
reverted from a while ago) is that disk i/o appears to be ridiculously slow
in comparison to 1.5.19. In rough estimation, I'd have to say a 50% reduction
in I/O throughput. I notice it while working with mass updating of files and
builds. Is there any form of profiling, etc. enabled in the snap builds? As
even if there were zero optimization, it wouldn't be this noticably slow.

-cl