Re: file permission question

chen li wrote:
Dear all,

I am new to Cygwin. When I try to execute a  file call
example.exe I get such message:

bash: ./first.exe: Permission denied

so I use chmod a+rx to change the file permisssion and
here is the result:
-rwxrwxrwx  1 chen41 mkgroup-l-d 11241 May  6 18:40
first.exe.

But when I type ./first.exe(or first) I still get the
same message:

bash: ./first.exe: Permission denied.

What am I supposed to do now?

First, please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines given at:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Without the basic configuration information that the guidelines recommend
providing, people on this list are going to have guess about some important
factors of your installation.

I'd recommend starting with regenerating your /etc/group file like this:

mkgroup -l -d >/etc/group

This may or may not be enough to get things working as you expect them to
but it's definitely an area that the information you did give points to.

Holliston, MA 01746