Re: terminal escape codes

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU> - reformatting...

Jeff Lange wrote:
On 5/5/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin <dot> com> wrote:

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR> - thanks.

Jeff Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a program that will connect to another host via telnet and
> work like a terminal emulator.  This works fine in Linux, but under
> cygwin, when the host sends out the vt220 command <ESC>(B  cygwin
> apparently doesn't know how to handle this escape code, and it ends up
> displaying the B on the screen,
>
> In Linux if I type "echo ^[(Btest" at a command prompt it comes back
> as "test", but if I do the exact same thing at a cygwin prompt it
> comes back as "Btest"
>
> Does anyone know a simple way around this?

Run rxvt (or xterm if you're running X) instead?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746
> While that does work, It unfortunately isn't an acceptable solution
> for me.  I really need to be running this from a plain text console.

Why? The answer to this question may unearth a misconception on your part about rxvt.

> Any other ideas?

Well, you can try setting TERM to different terminal types and see if that helps you. You might try 'vt220' or 'linux' or whatever you're using when in Linux. There's no guarantee that you'll get what you want here and for other things but it may be your best bet if you don't want to start fiddling around with the 'cygwin' settings, which is what I would recommend next.