fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11

OS :     Windows XP Pro SP1
cygwin: fresh as of february 2006

I am trying to run a lot of numerical analysis in loop using "bash",
principally as follows:

for case in 1 2 3 ... 132
do
       prepare input-$case
       analyse input-$case
       save results-$case
done

I find that my loops are OK until after about 80 cases, then I start
receive errors like
identified below. This is repeatable (but it take me 3 hours to reach
case 80), as
additional information I have looked at the "Task Manager" and it seems like
each loop increases my memory usage by about 3.2 MB.

I am aware of the following information:
1.  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-04/msg00390.html
2.  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00945.html
     * Subject: workaround for fork problems?
     Corinna and I have been looking into the reported problems with fork
     ("file not found", "died waiting for longjmp", and others) for a while
     now but have been unable to come up with a cygwin-specific solution.

     Microsoft, on the other hand, seems to have a fix:
3.  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824422
     "When many processes run on your computer (for example, more
than 50), behaviors
      that were not expected may occur."

      I recognise the following symptons:
      - When you try to start Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL,
         Windows Task Manager does not start...
      - The Start menu in the task bar may not open (does not).
      - any process that uses the CreateProcess Windows API may have problems."

Can someone diagnose the below error messages? Is there anything I can do
to get more information regarding the errors and their cause  (I have strace but
do not know what to do with it). Does anyone have any simplifying ideas so that
I don't have to wait three hours to the errors. After reboot which
appears to be only way
to continue work everything seems OK.

$ cat error-messages
sh: /usr/bin/ls: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP/servant61444.bash: No such file or directory
     3 [main] sh 57644 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
     3 [main] bash 62724 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
/cygdrive/c/pcdrom/CalcTools/cygwinbin/expandtemplate: fork: Resource
temporarily unavailable
/cygdrive/c/pcdrom/CalcTools/cygwinbin/cmpdata: line 77:
/usr/bin/basename: Resource temporarily unavailable
     2 [main] bash 62616 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
/cygdrive/c/pcdrom/CalcTools/cygwinbin/cmpdata: fork: Resource
temporarily unavailable
  6936 [main] bash 62616 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
/cygdrive/c/pcdrom/CalcTools/cygwinbin/cmpdata: fork: Resource
temporarily unavailable
/cygdrive/c/pcdrom/CalcTools/cygwinbin/expandtemplate: line 47: 62336
Broken pipe             cat  <<expandtemplate-eof

expandtemplate-eof

sh: /usr/bin/ls: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP/servant61772.bash: No such file or directory

Regards
Torfinn Ottesen