ssmtp apparently generating random email address?

I run various jobs from cron and then use :-

/usr/sbin/ssmtp
to mail the results back to me.

Every few days I get a mail back from some distant mail server compaining
the destination email address does not exist. The email address however
is one I don't recognise at all, the email address has however a valid
domain otherwise they wouldn't bounce back.

I would guess that I am sometimes sending a broken mail header which
"picks" up some default random. But can anyone suggest where I start
looking/ what is going wrong?????

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips