Re: "Last" or equiv for Windows login?

"Bruce Dobrin" <dobrin@imageworks.com> wrote in message B7392353E4C4DE4ABC4EC255DB4CA04003471590@EXCHVS1.spimageworks.com">news:B7392353E4C4DE4ABC4EC255DB4CA04003471590@EXCHVS1.spimageworks.com...
Hi,

Is there a flag for "last" or who or another program (cygwin or other)
that shows me the current and/or previous Windows login user?  (Rather
than the "last" cygwin shell login).  With a combination of cygwin tools
and wmic  I have been able to log almost everything on any given remote
machine...  But I can't figure out how to find out who is/was logged
into the windows console (desktop or whatever you want to call it).  Any
ideas?

Thanks
Bruce Dobrin

I assume you have the ability to install programs, and remotely run programs on the given remote machines.
You should be able to use a utility like Microsoft's logparser (http://www.logparser.com/) to do this.
Basically log parser allows you use SQL to search the event Log, among many other things.

logparser BLURB:
Log parser is a powerful, versatile tool that provides universal query access to text-based data such
as log files, XML files and CSV files, as well as key data sources on the Windows® operating system
such as the Event Log, the Registry, the file system, and Active Directory®. You tell Log Parser what
information you need and how you want it processed. The results of your query can be custom-formatted
in text based output, or they can be persisted to more specialty targets like SQL, SYSLOG, or a chart.

Most software is designed to accomplish a limited number of specific tasks. Log Parser is different...
the number of ways it can be used is limited only by the needs and imagination of the user. The world
is your database with Log Parser.