Re: Unable to Run Latest Cygwin in Win2k

Loh Kok Jeng wrote:
Hi,

I'm facing problem running the latest Cygwin on Win2K.

I can install Cygwin from the Internet using an account belonging to
the Administrators group.  The installation can be completed without
any error.

However, when I try to run cygwin.bat, it simple quits without any
message. All executable under cygwin\bin exits without any message. Same for:
cygcheck -s -v -r

I have tried uninstalling and installing Cygwin a number of times and
the problem still persists.  Any hint would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you examine cygwin.bat to see whether it changes into the proper directory?