cygwin1.dll with UTF8 support

I just wanted to let you guys know that there is a "patched", UTF8-aware cygwin1.dll.

It can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin/download.html

The page is in Japanese (anyone can translate?), you will find the links at the top of this page (some sources and a binary dll).

I didn't test it much, but it works after a couple of simple tests - I needed UTF8 support in rsync.

With a "standard" cygwin1.dll you will not be able to copy filenames with UTF8 characters from Windows machine to Linux machine with rsync (you will get ??? characters instead).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski

Software deployment with Samba
http://wpkg.org