Re: cal command missing after Cygwin update last week

Thomas Meyer wrote:
(Not sure if the first version of this message made it to the list given
reported filtering glitch this AM. Apologies if you've already read this.
Please help anyway!)

--

Hi,

This morning I discovered that the cal command is no longer available in my
shell (tcsh). Can't seem to find any cal command in the usual areas /usr/bin
or /usr/local/bin, but I also can't remember where it used to live.

I ran (the latest) setup.exe last Thursday morning to get some GNU Java
tools (gcj) and I let setup.exe update everything else it thought
appropriate. It also asked me to update the Cygwin DLL at that point.

I'm running CYGWIN_NT-5.1 on a Windows XP, dual-core Intel machine. Things
have worked fine until the recent update. I updated to setup.exe version
2.510.2.2 last week. I've attached cygcheck output for the curious.

Any ideas?

Do you read package announcements:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2006-04/msg00009.html>

Also, you can find lots of discussion about this in the cygwin-apps mailing
list.  For example:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00014.html>

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746