Re: Windows 95 support ?

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 01:05:51AM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> From: Eric Blake
>>
>> Gary - you should know better.
>
>No I shouldn't.
>
>>  Top-posting reformatted, to
>> avoid http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU,
>
>OMG I did top-post!  How the ^*& did that happen?  My sincerest apologies.
>
>> and raw email munged;
>> you really should http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR.
>>

>I still have yet to hear an offical judgement on whether this applies to
>addresses of the actual lists.

I would prefer that spammers not be fed extra email address nutrition by
embedding the name of the mailing list in messages.  I understand that
the mailing list names may be sitting around in raw format somewhere
where spammers can read them but I have been trying to nuke those locations
whereever I find them.

But, then, on a perhaps more practical note, I don't really see any reason
to include the email address of the mailing list in a message, anyway.

cgf