Cygwin GTK 2.0 support for SVG files?

I'm trying to build and run denemo -- a gui front-end for lilypond. It uses GTK 2.0 and SVG files. When I run denemo, I get the following error message:

path is /usr/local/share/denemo/pixmaps/staccato.svg
Error is Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/local/share/denemo/pixmaps/staccato.svg'
** ERROR **: file main.c: line 107 (register_stock_icon): assertion failed: (pixbuf != NULL)

After searching the web (and cygwin mailing list archives) for related error message, I checked my
/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders file and see no reference to a loader for svg files. I reran
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe to see if it picked up any new loaders -- it didn't.

I ran cygwin setup and made sure my gnome and gtk2.0 were up-to-date.

Does cygwin GTK 2.0 support SVG files? If so, what have I done wrong? If not, can anyone suggest any
approach I can take to get this support in? Thanks. -- Eric