Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:03:28PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> [...]

If you are so well-versed in rsync then it's hard to see why anyone had
to tell you about it.  It is VERY easy to see if things are available
via rsync so, you, as an rsync expert shouldn't really need to have this
pointed out to you.

>It does however seem strange not to have the tier 1, tier 2 mirrors noted

There are no such things as tier 1 and tier 2 mirrors.  You're probably
confused about how this all works.  Mirrors poll sourceware.org on
different schedules.  That is it.

And, guess what?  cygrunsrv v1.13 is available on some mirrors, e.g.,
mirrors.kernel.org.

>On the side of setup.exe being the best way to get things installed
>most the time this is the case but with its really quite broken
>dependency checking.  Its often simpler and easier to just download and
>compile the source directly than to fight with the gui to only install
>the required / wanted components.

Funny but I just now downloaded cygrunsrv without any really quite
broken dependency problems.

Nevertheless, your like-unto-a-god rsync status notwithstanding, it
should be very obvious to anyone who reads this mailing list that
telling a random user to use rsync to download packages is a bad idea.
You may have noticed that Corinna didn't suggest this and she's one of
the project leads.  I suspect that this wasn't just an oversight on her
part.

cgf