Re: Install puts bin/ and terminfo/ directories in wrong directory.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:57:54AM -0800, Alan Ramsey wrote:
>I installed cygwin using the defaults.  By that I mean I accepted the
>directory of C:\Cygwin, the default download directory, and selected no
>additional packages.
>
>The installation program seemed to complete with no exceptions.
>However when I went to run the program it said it couldn't find the
>Bash program.  I looked at the Cygwin.bat file and determined that
>there was no C:\Cygwin\bin\ directory.

Apparently, the PDFMerge program uses its own min-cygwin distribution.
You probably want to contact them to find out how they expect you to
deal with this problem since it isn't really something that we are
familiar with here, other than to advise that you redo your installation
and use c:\cygwin as the root rather than letting setup.exe use the
existing root set up by PDFMerge.

If anyone is interested, they might want to inquire at
http://web.hku.hk/~kangsg/freeware/ for source code for all of the
binaries that are being released under the GPL.  I don't see any source
code at the site but I didn't look too closely.

cgf