RE: Wich privileges required by ssh-host-config running user?

Chris Taylor wrote:

> You want to try with the domain administrator account, not the local
> administrator.
> If you're logging on as administrator, and log on to is set to the
> domain, then you are already doing so and something most unusual is
> occuring - suggestive of an admin removing administrator access to the
> root filesystem, or to certain parts of it.

  Bingo.  That's it.  In particular, joining a domain locks down the perms of
your C:\ root drive.  If, for instance, a folder under that relies on the
default perms being inherited, it's going to be in trouble.

  I think this is a problem any time you install cygwin as a local admin, then
join a domain, then try and use it as a domain user, although I may not have
the precise order of events right there.  But I'm certain the key to this
problem is in the perm changes that get applied when you join a domain.

  Simplest workaround would be to always join the machine to the domain first
and install cygwin second.

   cheers,
      DaveK