Re: procedure entry point getline could not be located

> What further steps can I take to try and fix the error "The procedure entry
> point getline could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"?

Although you did extensive research, you failed to realize that providing
the output of "cygcheck -svr" is essential to helping us determine your
problem.  However, my guess is as follows:

You are probably running cygwin 1.5.18 and tried the experimental
findutils 4.2.27-1.  This won't work.  Findutils 4.2.27 is experimental
for a reason - it depends on getline(), which cygwin1.dll did not
provide until in the snapshots following 1.5.18.  To fix the problem,
either downgrade findutils back to the stable 4.2.25-2, or
upgrade cygwin to a current snapshot (see earlier threads from
this week for instructions on installing a snapshot).

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin findutils maintainer