RE: Where is patch?

> *** For Emacs: I would like the default on MS Windows to be CR-LF line endings. That would in my opinion be less surpricing for an MS Windows user.

1. My opinion is that \n line endings on Cygwin (a Unix-ish environment) are less surprising.
2. Cygwin already has a feature for determining line endings for files opened in text mode, and a corresponding install setting for the default (dos versus unix).  If you wanted a default CR-LF ending out of Emacs, you could get it that way.

-Richard Campbell.