Re: Where is rsh ?

"Krithivasan, Balasubramaniyan (STSD)" wrote:

>         The last time I installed Cygwin about 4 months before, I could
> install Cygwin rsh in my box.
>
>         Today for about 3 -4 hours I am trying to find how to install
> Cygwin rsh . But I failed & hence this email.
>
>         I went to find where the rsh source code is in CVS. But I failed
> to find that also. Can somebody please let me know where I can find ?

The rsh binary is part of the 'inetutils' package.  Go to the Cygwin
package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> and type "rsh.exe"
in the search to find this.

You will not find the source code for this package in any cygwin CVS
server.  This package (and nearly every other package offered in the
distribution) is software from another upstream project, it is not
something that the Cygwin project has any direct relation to -- other
than providing a prepackaged/precompiled binary.  If you want to look at
a package's source, either go to its upsteam website/CVS server or
install the source package.  Consult the README for the package under
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ for more information about where it came from.
In the specific case of inetutils you probably will not find a canonical
"upstream" site because it is all code derived from the original BSD
unix.

Brian