Re: mksh (shell)

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase dixit:

Yes. Fritz Box Fon.

These block 445/tcp/ipv4 totally, non-disablable and undocumentedly,
just to "protect" some Windows® systems.

I cannot believe it.  Are there other ports blocked which I should be
aware of?

I have no idea. We just found this out by accident - I was at a friend's place and wanted to install him jupp (a joe-editor fork, another piece of code by me)...

What about a written inquiry to AVM?

It is incredible annoying to be patronized like a child, at least it
should be possible to disable the blocking.   However, I have not much
interest to start a discussion with AVM, and I have the option to use
another line with another router which doesn't block any port.

I found all Netbios ports but 445 configured in the main configuration
file of the box, I could disable the blocking of 135 and 137-139 but
not 445.

Sigh! Gerrit

Well, while I've not come across confirmed cases of routers blocking ports, ISP's do. I know of several offhand, based in the UK.

It's all as a result of blaster, which was a result of bad coding from m$.. So no surprises there.

Chris

--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world